Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire:
The castle of poetry.
Located between Tours and Blois, the Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire is known for its poetry. It is part of the Châteaux de la Loire. This superb castle is now the property of the Public Establishment for Cultural Cooperation since January 2008 and of the Centre-Val de Loire Region since 2007, this Château de la Loire was previously the property of Catherine de Medici, Diane de Poitiers and Princess de Broglie
This Loire Valley castle, overlooking the Loire Valley, is a fortress built around the year 1000 to control the border between the two neighboring counties, Blois and Anjou.
Nearly 500 years after its construction, King Louis XI had the castle burned down and razed, which required it to be rebuilt a few years later.
For half a century, this castle was the property of the Amboise family. Charles II d'Amboise launched a major metamorphosis of the castle to give it a Renaissance style. Subsequently, Diane de Poitiers, confers its current physiognomy, with among other things, the construction of the completion of the walkways of the gatehouse and the Saint-Nicolas tower.
After several changes of owners, the Princess of Orléans and Bourbon sold the Estate to the State in 1938.